Where is the 2009 masterpiece?
On this page... (hide)
- 1. Top list
- 2. Need to relisten
- 2.1 Riverside: Anno Domini High Definition
- 2.2 Masachist: Death March Fury
- 2.3 Mumakil: Behold the failure
- 2.4 Gnostic: Engineering the Rule
- 2.5 Psoriasis: Lethal Treatment
- 2.6 Tribulation: The Horror
- 2.7 Gothmog: A Step in the Dark
- 2.8 Napalm Death: Time Waits For No Slave
- 2.9 Old Man's Child: Slaves of the World
- 2.10 Powerwolf: Bible of the Beast
- 2.11 Darker Half: Duality
- 2.12 Winds of Plague: The Great Stone War
- 2.13 Anaal Nathrakh: In the Constellation of The Black Widow
- 2.14 Amberian Dawn: The Clouds of Northland Thunder
- 2.15 Warbringer: Waking Into Nightmares
- 2.16 Vomitory: Carnage Euphoria
- 2.17 Soulfallen: Grave New World
- 2.18 DGM: FrAme
- 2.19 Suffocation: Blood Oath
- 2.20 Seance: Awakening of the Gods
- 2.21 Shining: VI - Klagopsalmer
- 2.22 Astra: From Within
- 2.23 Absentia Lunae: Historia Nobis Assentietvr
- 2.24 Absu: Absu
- 2.25 Adagio: Archangels in Black
- 2.26 Anubis Gate: The Detached
- 2.27 Artillery: When Death Comes
- 2.28 Augury: Fragmentary Evidence
- 3. No need to listen again
- 3.1 Irreverence: Irreverence
- 3.2 Lay Down Rotten: Gospel of the Wretched
- 3.3 Dementor: Faithless
- 3.4 Tardy Brothers: Bloodline
- 3.5 Ignominious Incarceration: Of Winter Born
- 3.6 Blut Aus Nord: Memoria Vetusta II - Dialogue with the Stars
- 3.7 Sea of Despair: Sea of Despair
- 3.8 Vanguard: Hydralchemy
- 3.9 Onmyo-Za: Sohkoku Dohkoku
- 3.10 Orcustus: Orcustus
- 3.11 Otargos: Fuck God - Disease Process
- 3.12 Pantommind: Lunasense
- 3.13 Primal Fear: 16.6 before the Devil Knows You're Dead
- 3.14 Samael: Above
- 3.15 Cobalt: Gin
- 3.16 Stormhammer: Signs of Revolution
- 3.17 Blackguard: Profugus Mortis
- 3.18 Domain: The Chronicles of Love, Hate and Sorrow
- 3.19 Ego Depths: Equilibrium Sickness
- 3.20 God Forbid: Earthsblood
- 3.21 Mystic Prophecy: Fireangel
- 3.22 Chemical Annihilation: Why Die?
- 3.23 Stratovarius: Polaris
- 3.24 Silent Memorial: Retrospective
- 3.25 Winterborn: Farewell to Saints
- 3.26 Wolf: Ravenous
- 3.27 Autumnia: O'Funeralia
- 3.28 Herman Frank: Loyal to None
- 3.29 S.C.A.L.P.: Chuzhaya Voina
- 3.30 Aspire: In Defiance of Fortune
- 3.31 Avian: Ashes and Madness
- 3.32 Trick or Treat: Tin Soldiers
- 3.33 Vision Divine: 9 Degrees West of the Moon
- 3.34 Vindictiv: Ground Zero
- 3.35 Armagedon: Death then Nothing
- 3.36 Agnosia: Trace Decay
- 3.37 Ahab: The Divinity of Oceans
- 3.38 Alastor: Spaaazm
- 3.39 Alestorm: Black Sails at Midnight
- 3.40 Abacabb: Survivalist
- 3.41 Desire: Crowcifix
- 3.42 Epica: The Classical Conspiracy
- 3.43 Eternal Tears of Sorrow: Children of the Dark Waters
- 3.44 Fairyland: Score to a New Beginning
- 3.45 Fen: The Malediction Fields
- 3.46 Flashback of Anger: Splinters of Life
- 3.47 Forsaken: After the Fall
- 3.48 Unanimated: In the Light of Darkness
- 3.49 Saxon: Into the Labyrinth
- 3.50 Asphyx: Death...The Brutal Way
- 3.51 At Vance: Ride the Sky
- 3.52 Abstract Spirit: Tragedy and Weeds
- 3.53 Agathodaimon: Phoenix
- 3.54 Amorphis: Skyforger
- 3.55 Ashent: Deconstructive
- 3.56 Augrimmer: Autumnal Heavens
- 3.57 1349: Revelations of the Black Flame
- 3.58 Autumn: Altitude
- 3.59 Cage: Science of Annihilation
- 3.60 Cain's Offering: Gather the Faithful
- 3.61 Ravage: The End of Tomorrow
- 3.62 Rebellion: Arise - From Ginnungagap to Ragnarok
- 3.63 Revolution Renaissance: Age of Aquarius
- 3.64 Rough Silk: A New Beginning
- 3.65 Saidian: Evercircle
- 3.66 ReinXeed: Higher
- 3.67 Saint Deamon: Pandeamonium
- 3.68 Saintsbleed: The Mighty Monster
- 3.69 Sarke: Vorunah
- 3.70 Screaming Shadows: New Era of Shadows
- 3.71 Sirenia: The 13th Floor
- 3.72 Pathosray: Sunless Skies
- 3.73 Beherit: Engram
- 3.74 Nakaruga: Nakaruga
- 3.75 Narnia: Course of a Generation
The album starts definitively very good! The music is speedy, there is adrenaline here, I need to listen it again.
Probably the best album I've listened so far in 2009. A great Technical Death metal album. Bonus: a French one!
A very good technical death metal one. Will compete with Gorod.
Interesting, inspiration is here. Pleasure to listen.
I wasn't expecting much of a new Megadeth album.
While it doesn't add anything new to the Metal genre, this album is nice to listen. Well, the guitar solos are nice to listen. Mustaine playing is like a guitar concerto, it's a pleasure to listen. Others players are very good too, but there is no new material in this album.
It's not an album to have, but just an album to listen, to remember how good Mustaine guitar is.
A Progressive metal album, I don't know any other material from this band.
While there is nothing interesting/new in this album, the music is relaxing and is nice to listen when you're very tired.
The musicians seems to be bored by their own music (no challenge, just playing together).
Some kind of Progressive Brutal Death Metal, very interesting. I have to listen it again.
Death/Grind Metal. I don't used to listen to grind, this seems interesting but needs more listen.
Some interesting technical death metal.
While I don't still listening much, this French "grind" seems more interesting. I have to listen it again.
Death/thrash metal. While common, the music is aggressive and cool to listen.
A fast & melodic black metal. Nice to listen.
A fast death metal album with some originality. I have to listen it again.
Good quality but I didn't retained anything catchy. It's worth another try.
A modern heavy metal album with choruses.
A good surprise. This Australian heavy metal bands success to mix thrash and progressive into a original while common heavy metal.
The production isn't good.
"Blackened" Death metal. Looks like Dimmu Borgir. Not as good. Need another listen to definitively drop this one.
Some very impressive extreme metal. Not sure if it is *the* masterpiece, but very talented.
Symphonic Heavy Metal with soprano female voice (Nightwish-like...). Drums are heavily triggered :(
May be interesting if I can ignore the ugly drums.
Nice thrash album tainted of heavy riff and relative good solos.
Good sound (brutal death). Need to listen again to check their originality.
Slow but nice to listen.
Nice power metal.
A very good album, while not good enough to be on the top list IMO.
Nice one, need to listen it again.
Need to listen again. Seems to be slightly original.
Some basic prog metal. Need another listen to drop it.
Some black metal, I enjoyed it.
Seems funny, need to relisten.
I liked to listen it.
Interesting power metal. May need another listen to be dropped. The sound is too clean, BTW.
I didn't know Artillery before. Their thrash is good and needs more listens to give an opinion.
This album is hard to listen. I still don't know if they are very good, very bad or just crazy?!
Not a clear opinion after the first listening, but this seems so... common.
I don't like at all this german "melodic death metal" band. Not interesting at all.
Some brutal death from Slovakia, with no originality.
Well, I wasn't listening very much, but I don't think this album of Brutal Death will make it to my top list.
Some kind of atmospheric death metal, I don't like and I think I won't listen it again :)
Too slow for me. While they sound interesting.
A boring and useless album.
A common heavy metal with an uncommon asian language.
A standard Norvegian Black Metal album.
This seems to be good but I don't like this Black Metal :)
This seems to be good but I don't like this Prog Metal. BTW, it is cool to have a Bulgarian band!
I used to listen to Primal Fear years ago. The new stuff is just boring.
Not enough catchy, too much boring.
Yet another heavy/power boring metal album.
Not too bad, they sound like Children of Bodom with a lot less of imagination.
Too "old" heavy metal for me, boring boring.
Funeral Doom is definitely not my genre so I can't define the quality of this music. For sure they won't be part of my top albums and I won't listen them for years.
Very good, but slightly too common to be on the top list.
A classic heavy/power metal. Some great moment. Good production.
20 years too late for this thrash metal band.
For sure, it's still Stratovarius. But this is only another Stratovarius.
Yet another power/prog metal band, not very original.
Yet another loss of imagination.
Their lack of imagination is impressive.
Hard to listen...
Hard to listen...
Hard to listen...
An interesting heavy/power metal album.
While drums and bass are sequenced and the guitar and the voice are amateurish, this is pleasant to listen (once).
Yet another very boring heavy metal album.
Just an Edguy/Helloween clone, little imagination, boring.
So boring and useless as any other Vision Divine.
Very boring "prog metal".
Very common prog metal.
I'm not ready for funeral metal yet :D
It is classical music.
Too much gothic influence...
This album is empty, like each time Elisa leaves a band...
Too slow, too melodic.
Useless, like the album name...
Useless, still the same metal for 20 years.
Just another boring thrash metal.
Another boring funeral album.
Became boring quickly. Could be much better.
Boring. I don't like.
Sounds like a good album, but I don't like dark ambient...
Very common power metal...
Another common power metal.
A common heavy metal album.
Useless heavy metal.
An unbearable Edguy clone.
Not as bad but definitely not as good to be the best.
Another boring powermetal album.
While interesting at the first listen, it cannot be the best.
Another useless album, this is so common. Some kind of progressive metal.
Boring black metal.
Very poor neometalish.
Boring power metal.